Gateway Apartments requires a tenant screening report that may include the following:
- Nationwide Criminal & Sex Offender Searches
- Washington State Civil and Eviction Records Search
- Rental History and Employment Verifications
PRICE PER APPLICANT: $40.00 USD (INCLUDES WA STATE SALES TAX)
IMPORTANT: All applicants(spouse, roommate, etc.) must completely fill out the application before an application will be applied to a home. Each adult resident MUST supply the requested information and “electronically” sign separate applications.
Then minimum age limit to rent an apartment is 25, if younger a parent can co-sign if he/she qualifies.
As part of your application for residency with Gateway Apartments, you will need to fill out the proceeding questionnaire so that the company can conduct a background check about you. As part of that process you will need to electronically sign a notice and authorization form consenting to these checks. This authorization form will allow Landlord Solutions Inc. to verify the information you provide and share its results with Schaefer LLC.
The questionnaire takes approximately 10 minutes to complete and we recommend that you double check the information that you provide to ensure there is no delay with your application for residency.
APPLYING FOR RESIDENCY IN WASHINGTON STATE
Effective June 7, 2012 Landlords who collect a screening fee from prospective tenants are required to provide in writing a rental criteria to the applicant, that establishes what consumer report information may result in denial of the rental application. In addition, landlords are also required to provide a written adverse action notice outlined under RCW 59.18.257. Adverse action could be denial of the rental application, or approval of the rental application with conditions.
- Applicant must provide current government issued photo identification
Income - Applicant may be denied for:
- Monthly household income less than 3 times the stated monthly rental amount.
Credit History - Applicant may be denied for:
- Unverifiable social security number
- Bankruptcy dismissed or discharged within the past 5 years
- Judgment or collection for unpaid rent
- Judgment or collection for damage to rental unit
- Judgment or collections in excess of $2000
- Foreclosure in the past 24 months
Criminal History - Applicant may be denied where the date of disposition, release or probation have occurred within the past seven years for a conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for:
- Drug related offenses (intent to deliver, delivery, sale or possession of a controlled substance, manufacturing)
- Sex crimes and/or crimes against a child
- Registered or unregistered sex offender
- Any conviction involving violence and drugs
Eviction and Judgment - Applicant may be denied for:
- Judgment or collection for unpaid rent
- Judgment or collecion for damage to rental unit
Employment History - Applicant may be denied for:
- Employment for less than 12 months with current employer or 1 year in the same or similar field of work
Rental History - Applicant may be denied for:
- Unverifiable rental history
- Less than 24 months rental history
- Unfulfilled lease obligation(s)
- Current or past balance owing for deposit, rent, fees or damages
- 4 or more late payments within a 12 month period
- 2 or more NSF checks in a 12 month period
- 4 or more complaints in a 12 month period
- Unauthorized occupants(s)
- Damage to the unit or property
- Any false or misleading statements on the application may result in immediate denial or termination of tenancy
- Then minimum age limit to rent an apartment is 25, if younger a parent can co-sign if he/she qualifies.
Cosigner Qualification Criteria:
A cosigner will be APPROVED if all the qualification below is met. If the cosigner does not meet any one (1) of the following criteria, then the cosigner will not qualify.
1.) Rental History: 1 year of valid, verifiable rental or mortgage history with no lates
2.) Credit History: At least 4 accounts in good standing with less than $100 derogatory credit
3.) Employment: 12 months with current employer or previous employment in same field
4.) Income: 5 times the rental amount of the unit, in verifiable, garnishable income.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at the time you submit your application. All screening fees collected are non-refundable. Application(s) for which a screening fee has been collected cannot be cancelled. Applicant understands that by submitting an application and providing payment information that there are no refunds or cancellation. Before submitting payment, the applicant should confirm with the landlord (property owner, manager or agent) that the unit is still available and have reviewed the prospective landlord’s rental criteria.
You have the right to dispute the accuracy of the information in the tenant screening report. You have the right to a free copy of your tenant screening report. To dispute the accuracy of your tenant screening report or to request a free copy of your tenant screening report please submit your request in writing with a copy of your photo ID to:
2201 North 30th Street
Tacoma, WA 98403
Office: 253-396-0010 | Fax: 866-877-9688
An order summary page will confirm the information that you have submitted allowing you to review your order and make any necessary changes. Once you place the order, you will not be able to modify or change any information submitted.
By checking the box below the applicant acknowledges receipt of the prospective landlord’s criteria that may result in denial of your application. Screening fees are non-refundable. Applicant may be denied for providing false, inaccurate or misleading information or for an incomplete application.
ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED
You will have until the end of the next business day to sign the Holding Fee Agreement and pay the Non-refundable Holding Fee equal to the Security Deposit. Once the Holding Fee Agreement is completed and the Holding fee is paid in full, we will stop advertising the apartment. Once the lease is executed, the holding fee converts into the security deposit and is fully refundable upon proper completion of the lease contract and pursuant to the terms of the lease contract itself. Should you fail to execute the lease and occupy the unit as scheduled, the entire fee will be forfeit. In the event that the unit cannot be provided to you on the agreed date, the non-refundable holding fee will be returned to you.
If the holding fee is not paid within the applicable time then the home will remain on the rental market and new applications may be accepted.
1. RENTERS'S INSURANCE IS REQUIRED
- Insurance is required. Proof of insurance is to be provided when you sign your lease.
- Insurance must be kept current while you reside in your rental. Neither Pickett Property Management nor the owner of the home is responsible for damage or loss of your personal property.
- Insurance must include liability coverage of $300,000.00. Each tenant listed on the lease is required to be on the policy or have their own policy. Schaefer LLC must be listed in the policy.
- All of our homes are non-smoking, this includes garages and enclosed outbuildings such as storage and tool sheds.
3. PET RESTRICTIONS
- NO PETS OR ANIMALS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED
4. DAYCARE CENTERS
- Any operation, voluntary or for profit that could be classified as a daycare facility will not be allowed in any rental due to the liability for the Home Owner - this does not preclude tenants from baby-sitting on occasion